Wednesday, May 06, 2015

The septic bite.




Who'd have thought that one bite from a human could cause so much pain for so long.  This is what Joseph did to me on Easter of 2015.
Here are posts I made regarding this bite:
I have been putting this off for several days. I've hidden my wounds because I on some level I feel shame. I feel anger. I feel hurt. I am ashamed that I cannot seem to be able to protect myself from assaults by my own son. 
This is what happened on Easter Sunday in a SUPERVISED visit at the facility Joseph lives at because he is too violent to live at home. 
This is what the face of Autism Awareness looks like. This is what may happen to me when I visit my son. This injury or similar has happened to me three times in less than a year. Last summer it took 4 staff to extract him from me. In September, I needed an emergency visit because he dropped me to the floor with his fingers gripping my hair at the scalp. He then used this as a lever to kick in my scapula from the back.
I am NOT a victim. I will not hide it. I will not make excuses. Autism has robbed me of my career, my health and my connections to other people.
Yet, I continue to advocate, support, teach and love.
I AM A Peaceful Warrior.
Nuff said,
Go about your day
— feeling determined.


Days 6 and 7.
I was to attend school this weekend. Yoga Teacher Training has been healing for me on many levels. But struggling with muscle spasms and an inability to manage them properly away from home. I believe I will be rounding a corner. Tomorrow will look much better.
 — feeling hopeful.

Day 13. Deep fascia infection seems to be clearing up. Of course the antibiotics I needed to take has cleared out my system of anything good. Waiting results from x rays taken to see if the bone is infected. Shaky and wondering if I can ever safely visit my son. I am doing well to stay as positive as I am.
Day 21: Infection gone. I am left with a rather large hematoma and muscle spasms. Dropped into a rather deep depression though. Some thoughts and energy sent my way would be appreciated.
I

No comments: